Principles of leaning (#leaning):
- Leaning is to be enjoyed. Either on your own or in a group situation.
- Good leaning is keeping both feet together (if you have two). Feet apart is like having your feet apart in diving.
- More acceptable leaning is placing both hands on the object you are leaning on. One is acceptable but demonstrates a lack of commitment to the lean.
- You can keep your bodyline straight or bent, head up or down, really depends on your preference. Express yourself.
- You can lean facing the object you are leaning on or if you prefer you can sideways lean. Just keep those feet and legs together.
- Purists like to get their feet as far away from the object they are leaning on and achieve a shallower angle.
- The less movement whilst leaning the better.
- Injuries and dizziness can happen so be careful. Know when to complete the lean and stop.
- Leaning is open to development always so don’t be afraid to experiment. Try different unexpected locations to enhance the leaning experience.
These are not ‘rules’, rather principles to respect & honour when leaning.
Be sure to hash tag your leaning attempts on Twitter as #leaning